*Apollo Recruitment are acting on behalf of the client as an employment business*
Our client based in Scunthorpe requires a refractory bricklayer to join their team.
Education and Training Requirements:
- We are looking for an experienced bricklayer that has worked extensively in the steel industry
The duties include:
- Ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
- General site measurement of the refractory area with level measurement of the main oven dimensions, the battery main axis, oven pitch, oven length, etc.
- Installation of insulation
- Gunning, spraying, under pressure sealing
- To undertake, as and when required, refractory concrete laying and foundation work associated with major and minor construction work
- Read and interpret the engineering drawings and blueprints
- Install refractory bricks in chimneys and other furnaces and incinerators
- Cut and trim refractory modules using hand and power tools
- Lining or relining furnaces and boilers, kilns and similar installations using acid-resistant modules, concretes, plastics or other materials as per design
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post objectives as required by Management appropriate to the level of the post
- A successful candidate will be able to communicate in English, read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints, and will have the ability to solve problems with the use of various material and methods