We are seeking a Civil/Structural Design Engineer for our client based in Hull. This is a full time, permanent position with excellent salary and benefits.
• The Civil & Structural Design Engineer will work on high calibre engineering projects, the client is looking for an individual who can come up with simple, effective solutions to complex problems in industrial, storage and petro-chemical sectors.
• You will do this utilising the latest design & analysis software environments and will be able to produce conceptual designs working with the design & build team in a fast-paced environment where quality counts.
• You will be able to take responsibility for your own work, working with technicians to produce contract deliverables, but more importantly you will be able to work together in a team where change needs to be executed in a controlled manner.
• In addition, you will work closely with the construction teams during pre-construction and construction to ensure the client remain the contractor of choice for clients who want to build quality projects, on time with cost certainty. Visiting site as and when required
• Civil & Structural Engineer with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
• Skilled in the use of relevant software, but also able to produce conceptual designs using hand analysis methods, preferably including drainage and temporary works.
• Aware of Health & Safety requirements and have the ability to design out risk.
• Must be able to work unsupervised when required.
• Have the ability to check documentation corresponds with current standards and works information, but more importantly that there is enough information to build from.
• Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience
• Must have a relevant Degree and a minimum of four years post graduate experience. Working towards Chartered status with either ICE or IStructE.
• Previous experience of working in a 3D environment.
• Previous experience of Design & Build would be beneficial but not essential
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.