We have an urgent requirement for a Construction Safety Specialist for our client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is for an initial 4 month contract, to be reviewed thereafter. This is a full time position working Monday to Friday, up to 50 hours per week to meet workload demands. The role sits within the Construction Group of a large top tier COMAH site, offering an excellent working environment for the successful candidate.
Advising on Occupational & Construction Workplace Practices and Controls
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Working as a team member of the client’s capital project construction group, whilst retaining their independence from line management and receive functional guidance from the Safety & Emergency Response Team Leader.
Provide Health and Safety expertise and guidance to site personnel promoting a positive safety culture.
The Construction Safety Specialist will be responsible for:
• Ensuring project HSE plans are compliant to all legal, corporate and refinery regulations, standards, and procedures.
• Interpreting regulatory requirements into refinery HSE plans, if or when a gap is identified in the client’s management systems, advising of the GAP.
• Participating in design and constructability reviews.
• Supporting the risk assessment process for construction execution, liaising with the Area Safety Specialist who will lead Business Team Risk Assessments and reviews.
• Updating Contractor scorecard metrics and assess contractor HSE performance, highlighting areas of concern, to the contract sponsor and the Area Safety Specialist for the Business Team.
• Participate in contractor performance reviews with the contract sponsor and contract company.
• Facilitating new contractor on boarding process.
• Conducting, preparing, participating and scheduling audits and inspections for project and construction work for the project group leadership and supervision.
• Conducting site visits with the Area Safety Specialist to participate in worker safety discussions for project and construction sites on a weekly basis.
• Participating in investigations as necessary.
• Participating when necessary in risk ranking of project and construction incidents, liaising with the HSE team.
• NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent level Qualification.
• CDM Trained
• Working Knowledge/Experience of:
Contractor HSE Management
• Awareness of COMAH and Major hazard interfaces with Occupational Safety.
• Keeping current in legislation and workplace best practises
• Puma (Behavioural based safety)
• Impact (Incident/Near Miss Report Process)
• Contractor Pre-Qual + Competency
• Internal Auditing Processes
• Demonstrate CDM Competence and understanding.
• Good communicator both written and orally. Able to interface with all levels of the organisation.
• Act professionally in relation to confidential and sensitive information. Promote a positive and engaging safety culture throughout both the client’s and contractor work force.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.