List Recruitment is seeking an Electrical Designer for a long term PAYE contract role based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. Working 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Designer to work at a top tier COMAH site, one of the region’s most prestigious employers.
To provide engineering and design service, so that:
• Company engineering requirements are properly implemented.
• Technical support is provided in the designer’s field of expertise in support of Company operations and the development of new projects.
• Co-ordinate and own activities to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner.
• Provide a focal point between the Project Contractor, Vendors (which may include Equipment suppliers and/or sub-contractors to the main engineering/construction contractors), Company Project Team and Central Records Group.
• Ensure all site measurement and investigation work is accomplished to ensure design allows for safe and economic construction.
• Provide feedback to the Central Records Group at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects.
• Produce AutoCad drawings as required to support projects.
• Produce specifications as required to support projects.
• Produce calculations as required to support the projects.
• Assist in generation of cost estimates for chartered projects.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship between the Project Team and the Company personnel.
• Ensure all designs & documentation (including vendor & manufacturer supplied information and inspection documentation) comply with Company standards and requirements.
• Maintain a full Project history “file” documenting written and verbal instructions.
• Provide feedback to Company at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects
• Experience in design and construction within the Petrochemical sector
• Establishes priorities and develops critical tasks
• Good organisational skills
• Self motivated and able to work as part of a Team
• HNC/HND in engineering.
• Minimum of Ten years experience in the position of Designer
• Knowledge of Hazardous areas and types of protection
• Knowledge of BS7671 Wiring Regulations
• Knowledge of discipline specific design software required
• Intermediate level computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, email, database
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.