We have a requirement for an Electrical Project Engineer for a client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is a full time, PAYE contract position for an initial 12 months, to be reviewed thereafter. Working 40 hours per week 8am – 4.30pm. The role offers an excellent working environment for the successful candidate.
To Provide engineering and design service, so that:
• Client engineering requirements are properly implemented.
• Technical support is provided in the engineer’s field of expertise in support of the client’s operations and the development of new projects.
• Provide support and guidance to designers and drafting personnel in production of drawings and specifications to ensure these are produced to Company Standards without error and to an agreed schedule.
• Co-ordinate and own activities to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner.
• Provide a focal point between the Project Contractor, Vendors (which may include Equipment suppliers and/or sub-contractors to the main engineering/construction contractors), Client Project Team and Central Records Group.
• Ensure all site measurement and investigation work is accomplished to ensure design allows for safe and economic construction.
• Provide feedback to the Central Records Group at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects.
• Provide technical engineering expertise to enable estimates, studies, and design and construction functions to be fulfilled.
• Review the scope of works for the Project to ensure it is clearly understood and highlight any uncertainties or omissions.
• Be actively involved with any subsequent queries and discussions in establishing an accurate scope and understanding.
• Produce scopes of work, specifications and calculations as required.
• Assist in generation of cost estimates.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships.
• Ensure all designs & documentation (including vendor & manufacturer supplied information and inspection documentation) comply with client’s standards and requirements.
• Maintain a full Project history “file” documenting written and verbal instructions
Experience & Qualifications
• Experience in design and construction within the Petrochemical sector
• Establishes priorities and develops critical tasks
• Good organisational skills
• Self motivated and able to work as part of a Team
• Degree in engineering
• Desirable to have ten years experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of Hazardous areas and types of protection
• Knowledge of BS7671 Wiring Regulations
• Knowledge of 11kV and 415V distribution systems
• Knowledge of discipline specific design software required
• Intermediate level computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, email, database
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.