This is a contract position for an initial period of October 2019 – August 2020 to cover maternity leave. This is a full time position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To provide professional and expert advice to ensure the client comply with legislative requirements in the field of industrial hygiene. A key part of this role will be the continual improvement in working environments to minimise any detrimental health effects on employees. Direct, develop and co-ordinate the implementation of industrial hygiene standards, programmes and procedures to ensure a work environment free of recognised hazards.
- Establish policies and standards, which promote good health and industrial hygiene practice throughout
- Provide guidance and help in training industrial hygiene techniques to enable workplace surveys, reviews, audits as necessary
- Work with business units to develop health and occupational hygiene programmes which are integrated into similar safety and environment programmes
- Provide technical advice to the businesses to identify health issues and network good practice and carry out any necessary Occupational Hygiene reviews / audits
- Represent the client at corporate Hygiene NOE
- Ensure all Hygiene requirements are included in relevant management audit systems
- Direct personnel and area exposure monitoring and review results
- Conduct, with area resources, periodic health audits
- Oversee REACH, RR99, RSR & COSHH regulation compliance and reviews
- Update SDS information and procedure as necessary
- Manage the Radiation Mgt procedure, including low level radioactive waste material
- In depth regulatory knowledge
- Background in industrial health and hygiene management
- BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.