List Recruitment is seeking an Instrument Engineer (Maintenance) for a long term contract role based at a prestigious client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire.
This is a contract position for an initial period of 12 months, after which time the role and requirement will be re-assessed. This is a full time position working up to 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Responsible for the mechanical integrity and reliability of the C+I assets. Participates in the development and implementation of the C+I reliability and asset care strategies. Provides technical support to operations & maintenance teams.
- Provision of Instrument maintenance engineering and reliability expertise to the Instrument Superintendent
- Daily monitoring and recording of critical instrumentation performance
- Specification, installation and commissioning of a wide range of field instrumentation, control and safety equipment including control valves, thermowells and flow measurement orifice plates
- Quality Assurance of SIS maintenance and proof testing activities and documentation
- Screening of initial SIS proof test postponement requests
- Familiarity with SIS lifecycle documentation, ability to read and understand SIL calculations and SRS
- Production and peer review of general maintenance and SIS proof test procedures
- Use of computerised engineering tools, SAP, EIMS, Livelink
- Provision of technical engineering reviews for management of change documents
- Hands on provision of support to area instrument technicians and supervisors
- Support for regulatory inspections and audits (HSE / EA) within area of responsibility
- Acts as project leader for Instrument Maintenance projects.
- Establishes priorities and develops critical tasks
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Committed to continuous improvement. Encourages creativity and innovation
- Understands and uses functional expertise to contribute to the success of the business
- Familiar with instrument maintenance and reliability strategy
- Degree Qualified in relevant E/I subject
- Experience of working in a maintenance engineering role within a high hazard industry
- Chartered Engineer preferred
- TUV Functional Safety Engineer preferred
- CompEx12 or similar preferred