List Recruitment is seeking an Instrument Engineer (SIS) for a long term contract role based at a prestigious client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire.
This is a contract position for an initial period of 12 months, after which time the role and requirement will be re-assessed. This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
The provision of measurement, control and safety system engineering support to enable:-
• Compliance with corporate Required Standards for SIS / Instrumented IPL’s
• BS EN 61511 compliance activities
• Development of PHA/HAZOP/LOPA improvement actions related to Instrumentation.
• Closure of Health and Safety Executive action items including COMAH safety report updates.
• Support the Lead Instrument Engineer and SIS Engineer in the management of critical instrumentation
• Conduct Functional Safety Assessments and Audits and assist with the closure of existing open FSA actions
• Assist with the implementation of the Functional Safety competency management system.
• Provide Instrument / SIS support during PHA/LOPA studies.
• Review PHA/LOPA output to ensure validity of instrumented safeguarding claims
• Develop / Implement maintenance plans / strategies associated with new PHA / LOPA
• Conduct initial screening of PHA action items and where relevant develop project scope
• Produce specifications, calculations and cost estimates as required supporting assigned projects
• Working knowledge and experience of Safety Instrumented Systems design and management activities
• Working knowledge and experience of Instrumentation maintenance practises / techniques
• Ability to understand technical documentation (Loop diagrams, C&E, P&ID’s)
• Establishes priorities and manages multiple parallel critical tasks.
• Good organisational and communication skills
• Self-motivated team worker with an eye for detail.
• Ability to perform PFD calculations.
• Previous experience with SAP PM modules preferred.
• Engineering Degree in an Electrical, Electronic or Control subject.
• Member of the InstMC, IET or IChemE
• Chartered Engineer preferred
• Functional Safety Engineer certification e.g TUV FS Eng
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.