We have an urgent requirement for an Instrument Project Engineer for a client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is a full time, PAYE contract position for an initial12 months, to be reviewed thereafter. Working 40 hours per week 8am –4.30pm.
The role offers an excellent working environment for the successful candidate.
· To ensure engineering requirements are properly implemented and instrumentation technical support is provided to support Company operations and the development of new projects.
· Support and guide design and draughting personnel in the production of drawings and specifications to ensure these are produced to Company Standards without error and to and agreed schedule.
· Co-ordinate and own activities to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner.
· Provide a focal point between the Project Contractor, Vendors (which may include Equipment suppliers and/or sub-contractors to the main engineering/construction contractors), Company Project Team and Records Group.
· Ensure all site measurement and investigation work is accomplished to ensure design allows for safe and economic construction.
· Provide feedback to the Records Group at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects.
Primary Functions/ Responsibilities
· Provide instrument engineering expertise to enable estimates, design and construction functions to be fulfilled.
· Review the scope of works for the Project highlighting any uncertainties or omissions and be actively involved with queries and discussions to establish accurate scope and understanding.
· Produce specifications as required
· Produce calculations as required
· Assist in the generation of cost estimates
· Establish and maintain a good working relationships with stakeholders
· Ensure all designs& documentation (including vendor & manufacturer supplied information and inspection documentation) comply with Company standards and requirements.
· Produce Management of Change Documentation.
· Produce Safety Instrumented Systems Documentation in line with Company Standards and IEC61511
· Microsoft Office Products.
· Experience working on a top tier COMAH site.
· Technically competent with reference to protection concepts for Hazardous Areas
· Competent In Design and Management of Safety Instrument Systems
Preferred Degree in Control/ Electronic Systems or equivalent subject.
HNC -Instrument & Control Operations Engineering or equivalent subject + 10years’ experience at Engineer Grade.
Chartered Engineer desirable.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.