List Recruitment is seeking an experienced Mechanical Technician for a manufacturing site in Grimsby. This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week for an initial 6-12 months, with a view to it becoming permanent.
The jobholder will support the operations team by performing necessary repairs; undertaking preventative maintenance activities and facilitating the promotion of engineering solutions for process improvement to ensure process availability, quality and productivity are optimised. Providing specialist technical activities associated with the Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic equipment.
Principal Accountabilities/Critical Objectives:
- Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in a safe and productive manner in order to maximise availability at optimum cost and in conformance with all Company standards and procedures
- Contribute to the determination and co-ordination of preventative maintenance programmes to ensure that unplanned downtime is avoided
- Assist in the management of resource to ensure prompt and cost effective recovery from breakdown
- Deliver training to operators / apprentices in order that they are able to understand and implement basic maintenance activities that facilitate optimum productivity
- Understand, deploy and seek to recommend improvements to production control procedures to support team performance objectives
- Ensure that team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in manner that fully complies with health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies
- Handle engineering spares and inventory including checking stock records, labelling and storing according to commercial requirements and policy
- Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business
- Where required, contribute to team level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes
- Where circumstances require, operate processing machinery and material handling equipment for maintenance purposes in a safe manner and to good standards of workmanship.
- Ensures delivered improvements
- Liaises with Department management to ensure compliance with appropriate business and external standards
- Ensures calibrated equipment is maintained in full compliance with defined systems and procedures
- Knowledgeable in equipment calibration and delivering compliance
- Polices all facets of maintenance activity within their Area team, identifying, monitoring & reporting any non-compliance.
- Maintenance budget adherence
- Maintenance activities completed to target.
- Adheres to proactive safe working practices at all times including those outlined in the Health & Safety Rules & Guidance booklet
- Management System conformance including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, etc
- Able to produce task specific risk assessments and safe working procedures (SWP).