We are seeking 2 MRP (Materials Requirements Planner) Controllers for a 6 month contract based in Scunthorpe. The hours of work are 36.5 hours per week, Mon – Fri.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for ensuring that consumable stores items and engineering spares are optimised to meet the demands of plant maintenance within the constraints of budgets and annual plan. The candidate will be responsible for the procurement of non-contracted stores and spares replenishment to an agreed value (£10k) and to provide an effective stores and spares service.
The role of Material Requirements Planner covers all aspects of stores and spares replenishment and the jobholder will be accountable for actioning the daily plan for procurement to meet the changing needs of the plant.
Review and carry out daily procurement plan including:
• Accountability for processing planned orders.
• Accountability for ensuring that requisition values are correct before authorisation.
• Getting updated quotes from suppliers as and when required.
• Organising expediting of deliveries from suppliers.
• Ensuring purchase requisitions are processed in a timely manner.
• Agreeing and authorising the purchase of extra stock in line with requests from engineers.
• Make decisions as to where material should be procured in consultation with the engineers.
• Accountable for manipulation of material master data to ensure accuracy.
Manipulation of Material Master data to include:
o Accountability for MRP type.
o Accountability for stocking levels.
o Accountability for descriptions being in accordance with current British Steel standards.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.