We are currently seeking an Overseas Bookkeeper for one of our clients in Scunthorpe. This is a temporary position working 36.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Expected duration - beginning of 2020.
This position resides at our clients’ site in Scunthorpe and no travel would be required.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
• Responsible for high quality, accurate and timely accounts preparation and all bookkeeping tasks for all of the clients overseas sales offices (Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Singapore, Taiwan and USA).
• Close liaison with the clients other finance teams and responsible for coordinating key internal and external stakeholders of the entities in each jurisdiction.
• Close liaison with the clients outsource provider.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Verification and processing of payroll, staff expenses and any other purchase invoices as needed and to deadline;
• All day to day bookkeeping activities and preparation of consolidated month end position to deadline and compliant with accounting policies;
• Liaise with auditors, outsource provider, professional advisors and other relevant parties to ensure statutory accounts and any other reporting requirements prepared to each jurisdiction’s regulatory deadlines and rules;
• Ensure all budgeting and forecasting activities are completed to deadline and to a high standard;
• Organise and respond on a timely basis to requests required by the business’s multiple stakeholders;
• Proactive at establishing strong and appropriate controls/ processes and driving ongoing improvements;
• Participate fully in project activities as required; and
• Use accounting and systems knowledge to assist and guide others internal and external to finance
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competence (Essential)
• Degree or similar qualification
• Minimum of AAT qualification
• Significant experience of accounts preparation
• Experience of statutory accounts and other regulatory reporting
• Experience of looking after overseas sales offices
• Good understanding of potential accounting issues
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong communication skills in particular adopting a concise and clear style to non-finance people
• Strong Microsoft Office particularly Excel
• Self-motivated and disciplined
• Highly organised
• Open to and will drive change
• Provides solutions
• Reporting to tight deadlines
• SAP, Navision and HFM systems experience
• Considerable use of recognised bookkeeping system
• Knowledge of best practice finance processes
• Made improvement to existing finance processes
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.