List Recruitment is seeking a Process Controls Leader for a major client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is a contract role, offered for an initial duration of 12 months, after which the requirements will be re-assessed. Working up to 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm.
The role resides within the clients I and E Engineering Group, reporting to the Industrial Control Systems Leader.
Basic Purpose / Accountabilities:
Develop and maintain the Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and integrated Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) at the client’s site and associated facilities. Provide strategic direction and guidance on the development of DCS and integrated SIS systems.
Primary Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership to the Process Controls Specialists team.
2. Provide project and maintenance support for the Honeywell DCS including integrated SIS logic solvers and associated business applications.
3. Provide strategic direction and guidance to the client and its associated facilities in relation to Honeywell DCS and integrated SIS logic solvers.
4. Provide support to the Honeywell DCS modernisation projects involving control system specification, hardware and software design, testing, commissioning, and documentation.
5. Provide corporate support to both internal and external network forums.
6. Provide management and support of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS) installed base and future strategic developments.
7. Perform daily analysis of DCS events and implement appropriate investigations and follow up actions including RCA.
8. The training and development of personnel within the Process Controls Group in areas of technical, professional and mandatory training.
9. Performs engineering review of Management of Change (MoC) documentation. Manage the MoC process for changes to the site DCS.
10. Develop and maintain DCS procedures, policies and life cycle documentation ensuring evergreen status is maintained.
11. Ensures that documentation, controls,alarms, training, interfaces, configuration are current and appropriately managed.
12. Establishes and maintains maintenance plans for the site DCS to ensure a high level of reliability and availability.
13. Work closely with Operations Department to ensure reliability of process operations and control through daily monitoring of systems performance.
· Expert knowledge of all phases of DCS life cycle activities including, design, engineering, operations and maintenance.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives.
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees and contractors.
· Excellent diagnostic and logical thinking ability
· Balances short-term and long-term tasks with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and delivering on customers’ expectations.
· Self-starter and the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
· Maintains subject matter expertise within DCS
· Qualifications in instrumentation or process controls related field (achieved through completion of a Degree or Apprenticeship)
By applying forthis role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.