List Recruitment is seeking a Process Controls Project Technical Lead for a major client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is a contract role, offered for an initial duration of 12 months,after which the requirements will be re-assessed. Working up to 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm.
The role resides within the clients I and E Engineering Group, reporting to the Capital Project Leader.
Basic Purpose / Accountabilities:
Technical lead for the Honeywell based Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and integrated Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) modernisation projects. Primary interface between the clients Capital project team, Industrial Control Systems team and Honeywell.
Primary Function / Responsibilities:
1. Primary contact for Honeywell for all capital project related activities from initial FEL through to FAT, SAT andcommissioning.
2. Provide Honeywell with clear, well defined and documented project scopes.
3. Supervise, coordinate and provide technical direction for multiple vendors.
4. Coordination of multi discipline resources (e.g. Cyber security Specialists, Control Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Project Engineers and Operation Representatives) to deliver the project objectives.
5. Lead multi discipline team of personnel at vendor FAT and SAT testing.
6. Supervise and support site engineers with the live cut over of loops from TDC 2000 to C 300 whilst maintaining process control.
7. Responsible for the transfer and commissioning of existing AM control schemes to Honeywell’s ACE-T controller.
8. Provide management and support of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS) installed base and future strategic developments.
9. Performs engineering review of management of change documentation.
10. Provide necessary drawings, wording and guidance to process engineers when writing project related management of change documentation.
11. Provide technical support and guidance to the Process Controls team.
12. Assist with developing the strategic direction for the client in relation to Honeywell DCS and integrated SIS logic solvers.
13. Work closely with Operations Department to ensure reliability of process operations and control through daily monitoring of systems performance.
· Good understanding of Project Life cycles, and the importance of the FEL process
· Expert knowledge of all phases of DCS life cycle activities including, design, engineering, operations and maintenance.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent diagnostic and logical thinking ability
· Balances short-term and long-term tasks with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and delivering on customers’ expectations.
· Self-starter and the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
· Maintains subject matter expertise within DCS
· Qualifications in instrumentation or process controls related field (achieved through completion of a Degree or Apprenticeship)
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.