List Recruitment is seeking a QS / Estimator for a prestigious client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is a contract PAYE role, offered for an initial duration of 12 months, after which the requirements will be re-assessed.
Working 40 hours per week, 8.00am – 4.30pm.
• Responsible for providing contract administration, financial measurement, valuation and certification to construction contracts.
• Responsible for management and development of the project estimating databases and models and the production of project cost estimates.
Contract Engineer/Administrator (QS)
• Liaison with construction and procurement groups in the preparation, award and management of construction / fabrication contracts
• Works with other project Quantity Surveyors to achieve required standard of contract cost control
• Develop and amend “Schedule of Rates” basis to apply to discipline construction contracts
• Develop and implement processes to measure, value and certify construction works performed
• Coordinates with 3rd Party Contractors to resolve cost management issues
• Support project leaders and construction disciplines to negotiate and resolve contract claims and variations
• Provides advice and guidance on optimal compensation / measurement methods
• Input to cost monitoring and forecasting of construction projects
• Manage site instructions and variation orders
• Through effective contract control has impact on a significant element of the refinery capital budget
Project Cost Estimating
• Provide total project cost estimates using the clients estimating workbooks
• Interpret project scopes of work and engineering work pack to establish quantity take offs for estimating
• Understands discipline (Civil, Structural, Piping, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation, Painting) standards to apply in estimating process
• Produce cost estimates for all refinery projects; conceptual order of magnitude through to detailed full funding approval levels
• Strong negotiation / influencing skills
• Computer literacy (Excel, SAP)
• Analytical skills
• Ability to rationalise options
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Focus in continuous improvement
• Knowledge of Procurement / Accounting policy
• High ethical standards
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact with contractors
• Engenders trust
• Quantity Survey (QS) trained and certificated
• Contract knowledge and expertise
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.