We have an urgent requirement for an Instrument Project Engineer for a client based near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire. This is a full time, PAYE contract position for an initial 12 months, to be reviewed thereafter. Working 40 hours per week 8am – 4.30pm.
The role offers an excellent working environment for the successful candidate.
• To ensure engineering requirements are properly implemented and instrumentation technical support is provided to support Company operations and the development of new projects.
• Support and guide design and draughting personnel in the production of drawings and specifications to ensure these are produced to Company Standards without error and to and agreed schedule.
• Co-ordinate and own activities to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner.
• Provide a focal point between the Project Contractor, Vendors (which may include Equipment suppliers and/or sub-contractors to the main engineering/construction contractors), Company Project Team and Records Group.
• Ensure all site measurement and investigation work is accomplished to ensure design allows for safe and economic construction.
• Provide feedback to the Records Group at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects.
Primary Functions/ Responsibilities
• Provide instrument engineering expertise to enable estimates, design and construction functions to be fulfilled.
• Review the scope of works for the Project highlighting any uncertainties or omissions and be actively involved with queries and discussions to establish accurate scope and understanding.
• Produce specifications as required
• Produce calculations as required
• Assist in the generation of cost estimates
• Establish and maintain a good working relationships with stakeholders
• Ensure all designs & documentation (including vendor & manufacturer supplied information and inspection documentation) comply with Company standards and requirements.
• Produce Management of Change Documentation.
• Produce Safety Instrumented Systems Documentation in line with Company Standards and IEC61511
• Microsoft Office Products.
• Experience working on a top tier COMAH site.
• Technically competent with reference to protection concepts for Hazardous Areas
• Competent In Design and Management of Safety Instrument Systems
Preferred Degree in Control/ Electronic Systems or equivalent subject.
HNC - Instrument & Control Operations Engineering or equivalent subject + 10 years’ experience at Engineer Grade.
Chartered Engineer desirable.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to List Recruitment.